Financial Accountant - Tax
Ref. No: CPM043292/AnD
Brief Description: An established telecommunications organisation based in Johannesburg North, is seeking to take on a technically savy Newly qualified CA(SA) with a wide knowledge in Tax to serve as Financial Accountant
The Financial Accountant is responsible for providing accounting support for an accurate and efficient month end close, extracting and analysing information for the monthly/quarterly financial reports, as well as ensuring a successful audit process and providing decision support to the Financial Manager and Head of Tax. The Financial Accountant will ensure internal controls are operating properly and as well as performing a Super User role in the relevant ERP system. This position works closely with the Financial Manager, Operational Financial Manager, Financial Analyst and Project Accountant
- 1 Year post article experience
- US – GAAP Reporting (Essential)
- Tax experience essential and passion for Tax
- Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment.
- Provision of support for an accurate and efficient month-end close.
- Provision of support in extracting and analysing information for the monthly/quarterly financial reports.
- Provision of support for the audit process.
- Accounting for bank and cash for all legal entities including the relevant reconciliations (including petty cash and guarantees) and bank and cash reporting and forecasting.
- Oracle maintenance for cash and bank including regression and UAT testing
- Preparing account reconciliations for current assets
- Statistics South Africa and South African Reserve Bank submissions
- Accounting and budget support for regional and centralised services and related recharges through AGIS or GL journals
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and related payments for all entities
- Forex management and ordering for staff travel
- Fixed asset and intangible asset maintenance including ATC2 and related stat-to-GAAP adjustments.
- Review work performed by Africa Shared Services team, who are responsible for the subledger accounting for PPE.
- Able to perform Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Non-subledger GL transactions.
- Stat-to-GAAP accounting
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly submissions to Corporate accounting, External reporting, Corporate Tax on TM1 and TOM.
- Provide support for an accurate and efficient month-end close including distribution of month end workplan.
- Extract and analyse information for the monthly/quarterly financial reports including board packs.
- South African entities’ tax, with strong support from PwC.
- Liaison with the US corporate accounting team, external reporting, tax and treasury teams. Attend to ad hoc requests as required.
- Oversee preparation of Annual Financial statements, providing relevant information to complete disclosures and consolidation adjustments, including balance sheets and cash flows for board packs.
- Budgeting and reporting on below EBITDA figures
Please do contact me for any further information
If you meet the above requirements and would like more information, Contact us immediately. Please apply directly, by clicking on the apply button or visit www.communicate.co.za for more exciting finance opportunities. If you have not had any response from us in two weeks, Please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our data base for any other suitable positions.
For more information, contact: Communicate Sunninghill: 087 351 3923
Senior Recruitment consultant: Angie Datadin
Sector: CA (SA) Town: Johannesburg North Date: 24/03/2020 Expiry Date: 23/04/2020