Ref. No: CER010639/Lala
Salary Range: R800000 - R900000 Annually
Brief Description: One of the leading innovative insurance companies is looking for a brilliant Actuarial Specialist/Analyst to join their team.
This role will include but is not limited to providing monthly published valuation results while monitoring the actual experience versus the expected experience of the supported business units.
- Actuarial degree or honors degree
- Good progress/ near-completion of CT exams with a commitment to completion of all exams within a defined period
- Experience a Good Understanding of the different life insurance valuation methodologies (e.g. published, statutory, etc.) and reporting requirements applicable to life insurance companies
- Growing understanding of key actuarial concepts and principles applicable to life insurance
- Understanding of the financial reporting/systems and reporting requirements applicable to life insurance companies
- Good MS Excel skills (including VBA) are a basic requirement
- SQL experience will be an advantage
- MS Access
- ALGO Financial modeling (or similar) will be an advantage
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of their tasks
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Strong detail orientation coupled with the ability to work with vision in mind
- Ability to understand the urgency or importance of various tasks, with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to learn, explore and apply learnings faster than most as a first adopter
If this role speaks to your career growth do the following...
Visit our website www.communicate.co.za to submit your CV directly or to view other I.T related jobs. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area! For more information, please call Lala Mpofu on 087 350 6928 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgSector: